Matar Kachori Recipe - Peas Kachori Recipe - Diwali Snack Recipes with step wise pictures.
Super delicious stuffed peas kachori which not only taste amazing but is easy to make as well. This kachori makes a great breakfast option or snack for your kids.
This is the first time I am making kachori. I got so many request for making this delicious snack but now I feel terrible for not making this till now. Because it is one of the delicious thing I have ever had. The flakiness of the outer pastry with the sweet, tangy and spicy filling makes it so delicious. This can be had for breakfast or as a snack with a cup of chai.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Matar Kachori Recipe - Peas Kachori Recipe - Diwali Snack Recipes
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Ghee or Oil - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Frozen Green Peas - 2 cups thawed
- Oil - 1 tsp + for deep frying
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera -½ tsp
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped finely
- Green Chilli - 2 chopped finely
- Fennel seed Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Chat Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Amchoor Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Take flour, salt and oil in a bowl and mix the oil into the flour. Add water and make a soft dough. Leave to rest for 30 mins.
- Grind peas in a blender till coarse.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seed and let it sizzle.
- Add all spice powder except chat masala and amchoor powder. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add peas and cook till the moisture leaves.
- Add chat masala, salt and amchoor powder. Mix well.
- Set aside to cool. Now shape it into balls and set aside.
- Take a portion of dough and flatten it, place the filling in the center and seal the edges. Flatten it using your hands deep fry in oil till golden and crispy.
- Serve with mint chutney or imli chutney.
1)Make the dough first. Take flour in a bowl.
2)Add in salt.
3)Add in oil or ghee
4)Rub it into the flour
6)Knead to a soft dough
7)Take green peas in a blender
7)Grind till little coarse
8)Heat oil and add cumin seeds
9)Add ginger and green chillies
10)Saute for a min.
11)Add turmeric, chilli, fennel seed and coriander powder
13)Add peas puree
14)Cook till moisture dries up
15)Add chat masala powder
16)Add amchoor powder
19)Cool it down. And divide it into equal balls
20)Divide the dough into equal balls
21)Take a ball
22)Roll it gently
23)Place a ball
24)Seal from the sides
25)Now it is covered
27)Deep fry in oil till golden brown
28)Fry till crispy