Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Methi Khakhra Recipe with step wise pictures.
A crispy light snack made using wheat flour. This wheat crispy is healthy and highly nutritious and perfect when you are dieting.
It is very recently i tasted khakhra which my sissy bought from bombay. In my place i couldn't find this snack anywhere. So when the first time i tried it, it was love at first time. I enjoyed it so much. I ordered it online which came in different flavours and it was so good. I was so inspired from that snack and i wanted to try it at home. Guess what i made two flavours masala khakhra and methi khakhra. Both of them were very delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Methi Khakhra Recipe
- Wheat flour / Atta - 1 cup
- Gram Flour / Besan / Kadalai Mavu - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves / Kasuri Methi - 3 tblsp
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Water as needed
- Take flour and all ingredients except oil and water in a bowl and mix well.
- Add oil and rub it into the flour.
- Add water and knead to a dough. Cover and let the dough rest for 30 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal balls.
- Roll it out. Use a round lid to cut out rounds.
- Now put it in a hot pan and cook on very low heat for 3 mins on each side.
- Keep pressing the top with a cloth.
- Keep flipping and keep cooking till brown spots appear on top.
- Remove it and cool it down completely.
- Store in a air tight container.
1)Take wheat flour in a bowl
2)Add in gram flour
3)Add in some dried fenugreek leaves / kasuri methi
4)Add in salt
6)Add in little chilli and turmeric powder
9)Knead to a dough. Let it rest for 30 mins
10)Divide it into equal balls
11)Take a ball
12)Roll it out
13)Place on a pan
15)Keep pressing the top using a towel and cook on a low heat till the khakhra is crispy and crunchy.
16)Cook on very low heat
17)Once it is cooked, remove to a wire rack to cool.
18)Once cooled store in a air tight container