Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies Recipe - Oatmeal Whoopie Pies Recipe with step wise pictures.
Chewy oatmeal cookies topped with buttercream which taste so delicious. This is homemade and makes a great snack to put in your kids lunch box.
Whenever you look for cookies out there on internet, this cookies will pop out sure..It is quite a popular cookie recipe. This cookie is great for any parties and special occasion. For parties make these cookies tiny and your can pack in individual wrappers.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Oatmeal Creme Pies Recipe
- Unsalted Butter - ½ cup 110 grams
- Brown Sugar - ½ cup 100 grams
- Sugar - ¼ cup 50 grams
- Egg - 1
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1.5 tsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ¾ cup 90 grams
- Oats - 1.5 cup 120 grams
- Salt a pinch
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Cinnamon Powder - ½ tsp
- Cloves - ¼ tsp
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting as needed
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take butter and both sugar in a bowl and whisk well. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add in egg and mix well.
- Add in oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cloves. Mix well.
- Now take a small portion and place it on the baking pan. Pop it in oven and bake for 10 mins till it gets golden brown. Remove it and set aside to cool completely.
- Take a cooking and spread buttercream under side and sandwich with another cookie.
- Chill for 30 mins to firm up.
1) Preheat oven to 190 degree C.Take butter in a bowl.
2)Add brown sugar and normal sugar
4)Add in egg
5)Add in vanilla
6)Add in honey
8)Add in flour
9)Add in oats
10)Add in salt and baking soda
11)Add in cinnamon and cloves
13)Line a baking pan with parchment or foil and grease lightly.
14)Spoon small portion of the dough and flatten it gently.
15)Bake for 10 to 12 mins till golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool down.
16)While the cookies are cooling, lets make the buttercream. I used white butter in this recipe. Check this link for buttercream recipe.
17)Add in half of the icing sugar
19)Add a drop of vanilla
20)Add more icing sugar and whisk well
21)Now it is nice and creamy.
22)Take a cookies and cream for sandwiching
23)Take a cookie
24)Spoon some buttercream on top
25)Sandwich with another cookie.