Pepper Chicken Gravy Recipe – Milagu Chicken Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy black pepper chicken gravy goes well with roti, rice or idli or dosa too. This spicy chicken curry taste super delicious and very peppery.
I have shared few varieties of pepper chicken and mutton recipes here. But i haven’t shared the pepper chicken gravy which we simply love. I make this all the time. So here it is. It is not at all hard to make, it is super easy to make and taste simply amazing.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Chicken - 500 grams
- Coconut Oil - 1/4 cup
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Onion - 2 large sliced thinly
- Green Chilli - 2 slit
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Tomatoes - 2 large chopped finely
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
FOR ROASTING & GRINDING:
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tblsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 stick
- Black Pepper - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Seeds - 2 tblsp
- Onion - 1 large chopped
- Pressure cook chicken with little salt for 2 to 3 whistle. Set aside.
- Heat little oil in a pot. Add in spices and toast them. Take it in a blender.
- Add onions and cook till golden brown. Add it with the spices and grind till smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot, Add in onions, chillies and bay leaf. Cook till golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and cook till raw smell leaves.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in ground masala and mix well.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala and cook till oil separates.
- Now add in chicken along with any cooking liquid.
- Mix well and simmer till oil separates.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Cook chicken in a pressure cooker for 2 whistle and set aside to release pressure.
2)Heat little oil in a pot, Add in fennel seeds, pepper and cinnamon
3)Add in coriander seeds
4)Toast till it is golden
5)Take it in a blender
6)In the same pot, add onions
7)Saute till golden brown
8)Add it into the spices
9)Grind till smooth.
10)Heat coconut oil in a pot.Add in onions
11)Add in chillies
13)Add in bay leaf
14)Add in ginger garlic paste
15)Saute till golden
18)Add in salt and turmeric
20)Add in ground masala
22)Add in chilli powder and garam masala powder.
23)Mix well. Cook till oil separates
24)Add in cooked chicken along with any liquid
26)Simmer till oil separates