Potato Varuval Recipe - Simple Urulai Kizhangu Varuval Recipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy hot potato roast taste great with rice, rasam, curd rice or sambar rice too. This is easy to put together on busy days.
This is a everyday version of potato fry. It needs just simple spices and ingredients. You can make this in less than 15 to 20 mins. I will share another version of potato varuval soon which is much different from this one.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Potato Varuval Recipe
- Potato - 3 large chopped
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi - ⅛ tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli powder - 1 tblsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add all seasoning one by one and sizzle it.
- Add in potatoes and saute in the oil.
- Add salt and turmeric.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins till potatoes are done.
- Add chilli powder and cook for 5 mins.
1)Take potatoes and peel em
2)Slice them thick
3)Cut like this
5)Heat oil in a pan
6)Add mustard and urad dal
8)Add dry chillies and curry leaves
9)Fry them a bit.
11)Toss in the oil
12)Add salt and turmeric powder
14)Cover and cook
15)Now the potatoes are done
16)Add kashmiri chilli powder