Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Prawn Fry Recipe - Fried Prawns Recipe with step wise pictures.
Crispy and spicy prawn fry which is super delicious. This prawn fry is super easy to make and taste fantastic as a snack or side dish for rasam rice or plain rice.
Prawn is hubby's favorite. One of my viewer asked for a simple prawn fry recipe. So here you go.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Prawn Fry Recipe - Fried Prawns Recipe
- Prawns - 500 grams
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves a handful
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 to 2 tblsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 tblsp
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - 4 tblsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all ingredients till lemon juice and let it mariante for 15 mins.
- Take it in a pan and cover it with a lid and cook for 5 mins till water comes from it.
- Now increase the heat and dry the water up.
- Take it in a bowl and cool it.
- Add in all purpose flour and cornflour and mix well.
- Drop this in hot oil and fry till golden brown.
- Drain and serve.
1)Take cleaned prawns in a bowl.
2)Add in curry leaves
3)Add in salt
4)Add in turmeric powder
5)Add in ginger garlic paste
6)Add in kashmiri chilli powder
7)Add in garam masala powder
8)Add in some fennel seeds
9)Add in pepper powder
10)Squeeze in some lemon juice
11)Mix well and let it marinate for 15 mins
12)Now take this in a pan
13)Cover and cook on low to medium heat
14)Water will be leaving from the prawns.
15)Now increase the heat and evaporate the water
16)Now the mix is all dried up.
17)Now it is completely dried
18)Take it in a bowl and cool the mix.
19)Add in all purpose flour and cornflour
21)Heat oil for deep frying
22)Drop prawns in and fry till golden brown.
23)Fry the prawns till crispy and golden
24)Drain and serve.