Quick Cashew Vegetable Kurma Recipe with step by step pictures. This is made with Paneer and Vegetables and Cashews.
This is a simple vegetable curry which taste really delicious. It is simple to make and goes great with roti, chapati, phulka, ghee rice or pulao. It has a cashew base and instead of saute onions and tomatoes, I boiled them with cashews till it is cooked, this way the rawness is gone and the whole gravy got a nice creamy finish.
Ingredients for Quick Cashew Vegetable Kurma
- Vegetables - 3 cups ( i used beets, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes and carrots)
- Paneer - 1 cup cubed
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves a handful chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Cashews - 10
- Onion - 1 large cubed
- Tomatoes - 2 large cubed
How to make Quick Cashew Vegetable Kurma
- Take all the veggies in a pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistle. Turn off the heat and set aside. Or you can cook it in a pot, cover with water and cook until done.
- Now take cashews, onions and tomatoes in a sauce pan, cover with water and cook for 10 mins. Turn off the heat and let it cool down. Grind this to a smooth paste.
- Now in a pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add in the ground masala and cook till thickens and oil separates from it.
- Add in salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Mix well.
- In goes cooked veggies along with the water and mix well. Simmer for 8 to 10 mins.
- Finally sprinkle over garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Mix well and serve.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Cashew Vegetable Kurma Recipe step by step pictures
|Take all your veggies in a pressure cooker|