Roasted Phool Makhana Recipe - Lotus seeds or Foxnuts with step wise pictures.
Roasted Phool Makhana makes a great healthy snack for kids. This is similar to popcorn and kids will love it for sure.Makhana, also called fox nuts or lotus seeds. This is Popular as a fasting food. It has so many healthy benefits in them.
- Protein, carbohydrates, fibre, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
- High in fiber and low in calories, it enables weight loss.
- Low sodium and high magnesium content good for people suffering from heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity.
Roasted phool makhana is a healthy snack for kids. Just like popcorn, they will love it for sure.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Roasted Phool Makhana Recipe
- Phool Makhana - 2 cups
- Ghee - 1 tsp + 2 tsp
- Chilli powder to taste
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Cumin Powder - ½ tsp or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan, add makhana and roast for 4 to 5 mins. Remove to a bowl.
- In the same pan, add 2 tsp ghee, add spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add in the roasted makhana and mix well.
- Cool it down and serve.
1)Take phool makhana
2)Heat a tsp of ghee in a pan.
3)Add in the phool makhana
4)Roast for 2 to 5 mins.
5)Once it is well roasted
6)Remove to a bowl.
7)Heat some more ghee in a pan.
8)Add in chilli powder
9)Add in cumin powder, turmeric powder and salt.
11)Add in roasted phool makhana
13)Cool it down and serve.