Sesame Seed Chikki Recipe - Til Chikki Recipe - Ellu Mittai Recipe with step wise pictures.
Healthy snack for your kids. This chikki turned out perfect. The crunchyness from the sesame seeds and the sweetness were just right.
I have been waiting to make all types of chikki for a very long time. Finally i made my first ever chikki using sesame seeds. And it was a huge success. My mom and grandma loved it so much, they finished it in no time at all. I am yet to make chikki with peanuts, gram dal and other nuts too.
Ellu urundai is one of our staple sweets during festivals like ganesh chaturthi or krishna jayanthy. I have already made a no cook version of this before, check out my ellu urundai recipe.That is a easy version, I made it like a chikki. But this is quite different and it is my grandma’s recipe. The main thing is you can store this for so many days in a air tight container and have it daily since sesame seeds are so good for you.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Sesame Seed Chikki Recipe - Til Chikki Recipe - Ellu Mittai Recipe
- Sesame Seeds - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Water - ¼ cup
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Take sesame seeds in a dry nonstick pan and toast till it gets nutty and pops. Remove to a plate.
- Now in the same pan, add jaggery and water and mix well till it is completely melted.
- Now cook till it gets thick and starts to bubble up nicely. It will take around 3 to 5 mins.
- Add in ghee and mix well.
- Now add in sesame seeds and mix well. Cook till it leaves the sides of the pan and forms a mass like.
- Pour it in a greased parchment paper and place another greased parchment paper on top. Roll using a rolling pin till it is evenly spread and little thin. Set aside to cool down for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy.
1)Take sesame seeds in a nonstick pan. I used a mix of white and black.
2)Roast them on medium high heat till it pops and smells nutty
3)Now it is nicely toasted.
4)Remove to a plate and set aside.
5)Take water in a pan
6)Let it boil
8)Mix well, cook till jaggery melts
9)Let it bubble up.
10)Cook till the mix thickens
12)Add in ghee
14)You can see jaggery is thick and bubbling up
15)This is the stage
16)Add the toasted sesame seeds
18)Cook till the mix leaves the sides.
19)Pour it in the greased parchment paper.
20)Place another sheet of greased parchment paper on top.
21)Use a rolling pin to roll it.
22)Now it is nice and thin.Cool it down completely.
25)Store this in a container for a week.