Bengali Baingan Bhaja Recipe – Pan Fried Eggplant Slices Recipe with step wise pictures.
An easy and quick recipe which you can make with brinjal. These pan fried brinjal pieces are so tasty with some hot rice and dal.
Baingan bhaja is a bengali recipe, it is usually serve for lunch with rice and some dal. And i tried that combo, it was delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Eggplant - 1 large cut into slices
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Rice Flour - 2 to 3 tblsp
- Mustard Oil as needed for frying
- Take brinjal slices in a bowl, add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix well.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan, pan fry brinjal pieces till golden brown.
- If you want crispy brinjal, add some rice flour to the brinjal and then fry.
- Serve with rice and dal.
1)Take an eggplant, cut it into slices
2)Take it in a bowl
3)Add in turmeric powder
5)Add in chilli powder
7)Heat some mustard oil in a pan
8)I used a large nonstick pan.
9)Add brinjal pieces
10)Fry till golden brown on both sides.
11)Drain and serve. This is one way of making it.
12)This is another way to make it little crispy. Add some rice flour over it.
14)Pan fry in mustard oil
15)Cook till golden on both sides