Shahi Garam Masala Powder Recipe – Dum Biryani Masala Recipe with step wise pictures.
A really special shahi garam masala powder which can be added in biryanis, kurma and gravies. This gives a very heady aroma and taste.
This is a special masala powder specially made for dum biryanis and gravies. It is a perfect proportion of all the aromatics which gives it unique scent. I used this in my mutton dum biryani and it is perfect.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1/4 cup
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 2 tblsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1/4 cup
- Black Pepper - 1 tblsp
- Black Cardamom - 10
- Green Cardamom - 20
- Cloves - 1 tblsp
- Mace - 5
- StarAnise - 4
- Black Stone Flower / Kal Paasi - 5
- Take all ingredients in a dry pan and roast on a very low heat 5 to 7 mins.
- Cool it down.
- Take it in a blender and powder fine.
- Store in a air tight container.
2)This can be stored for more than a month at room temp.
1)Take it in a dry pan
3)Roast gently till toasted
4)Now it is well roasted.
5)Cool this and take it in a blender.
6)Powder till fine.
7)Store in a air tight container. You can use this for biryani, dum biryani, gravies and kurmas.