Italian Chicken Salad with Step by Step Pictures. Delicious chicken salad which taste yummy with homemade salad dressing.
I enjoy making and eating salads, specially chicken salads are my favourite. I have already shared a grilled chicken salad recipe which was my all time favourite. Now this has become my favorite. Not only because it is easy to make but it is really delicious and packed with full of protein and flavors. This is a warm salad so it makes a satisfying one bowl lunch or even dinner.
About this Recipe
Chicken salad refers to any salad that contains chicken as a main ingredient. Mayonnaise, hard-boiled eggs, celery, onion, pepper, pickles, and a variety of mustards are also common ingredients. Town Meats in Wakefield, Rhode Island, served one of the first American versions of chicken salad in 1863. Liam Gray, the original owner, combined his leftover chicken with mayonnaise, tarragon, and grapes. This became so popular that the meat market was transformed into a delicatessen. Salad served after the main course of a meal is an older tradition in Italy, and it is now more commonly observed at large and formal dinners rather than at everyday meals.
Eating a salad after a meal can help with digestion, while eating one before a meal can help with weight loss.
Ingredients for Simple Italian Chicken Salad Recipe :
Cherry tomatoes must be cut because slices are easier to eat in salads and cook faster in quick pasta sauces. Tomatoes are high in lycopene, which is effective in fighting disease-causing free radicals. Lycopene can also help to protect your skin from UV rays and promote better heart health. Cherry tomatoes are also high in:
vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K.
Italian Dressing :
In American cuisine, Italian dressing is a vinaigrette-style salad dressing made of water, vinegar or lemon juice, vegetable oil, chopped bell peppers, sugar or corn syrup, herbs and spices (including oregano, fennel, dill, and salt), and sometimes onion and garlic
Lettuce contains some bitter components, but only in trace amounts (unless you are getting overgrown lettuce which can taste bitter.) in general, tastes bland and even slightly sweet.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Simple Italian Chicken Salad Recipe
- Cherry Tomatoes - 10 cut in half
- Lettuce or Cabbage -2 cups shredded
- White Onion - ¼ sliced thinly
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast -1
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli flakes - ½ tsp
- Italian Salad Dressing as needed
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Take chicken and season with salt and chilli flakes on both sides. Heat a tsp of olive oil in a oven safe pan, place chicken in and cook for 4 to 5 mins on one side. Now flip over and place it in oven and cook for 15 mins. Now remove it and cover with foil and let it rest for 5 mins. Now cut into cubes and set aside
- Take lettuce, onions, cherry tomatoes in a bowl, top with cubed chicken and drizzle enough salad dressing over it. Toss and serve.
- Serve immediately.
Italian Chicken Salad Step by Step