How to Make Soft Buns Without Oven (on a frying pan) with step wise pictures.
Super easy buns made in a frying pan. It is super soft and fluffy like a cloud. You can make any filling and stuff the buns with that.
I wanted to try out steamed buns for quite a long time, when i looked for it in youtube. I came across this recipe with is a pan fried buns but at the same time it is steamed. This method was quite interesting because the buns don't gets dried up because we are adding some water in the pan for steam. I made a huge batch of dough and made half like this and half i made steamed buns. Both of them turned out so delicious.
Also check out this stuffed chicken buns
The buns turned out so soft and fluffy like the one which you make in an oven. The cool thing about this recipe is, the interior is so fluffy and the outer exterior is little crispy which is just perfect.
You can take this recipe and stuff it with anything you wish and make it stuffed buns too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
How to Make Soft Buns Without Oven (on a frying pan)
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 3 cups
- Warm Milk - ½ cup
- Dry Yeast - 1.5 tsp
- Water as needed
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil - 2 tblsp + 1 tblsp
- Water - ¼ cup
- Hard Boiled Eggs Salt & Pepper as needed (optional)
- Take warm milk, water in a pan, add sugar and yeast and let it sit for 5 mins to bloom.
- Now add in oil, flour and salt and knead to a soft dough.
- Now cover the dough and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Punch out the air and divide it into equal portions.
- Now take a dough and shape it into rounds.
- Set aside in a plate and let it rise for 30 mins.
- Heat 1 tblsp oil and ¼ cup water and boil it, place the rised ball in the pan, cover and cook on a low heat for 10 mins.
- Flip over and cover it again and cook for another 5 to 8 mins.
- Remove it and serve.
- You can stuff the bread with boiled egg, season with salt and pepper and make it the same way too.
1)Take milk in a pan and warm it slightly.
2)Add in some warm water.
3)Add in little sugar
5)Add in some dry yeast, let it sit in the warm liquid for 5 mins.
6)Now add in some oil.
8)Add in some flour
9)Add in salt.
10)Mix well to a smooth mix
11)Add more flour and mix well
12)Knead well till it is smooth.
13)Now it is nice and smooth. Apply oil over the dough and cover it. Leave to rest for 1 hour.
14)Now it has almost doubled in size.
15)Punch out the air
16)Take a portion of dough
17)Divide the dough into equal portions.
18)Flatten a dough
19)Place half of a boiled egg
20)Season with salt and pepper.
21)Seal the edges
22)Now it is nice and smooth.
23)Let this rest for 30 mins.
24)Now it has risen
24)Heat oil in a pan, nonstick is preferred.
25)Add some water to create steam.
26)Let it come to a boil.
27)Place the balls in
28)Cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins
29)Time to flip it.
30)Flip it and cook covered for 5 to 10 more mins.
31)Cover it and cook.
32)Now it is golden on both sides.