Irumban Puli Achar Recipe – Pulichikai Pickle – Bilimbi Pickle in Step wise pictures.
Even if i think of this taste, my mouth is watering. It is lipsmackingly delicious. Bilimbi is a tart fruit which is available everywhere. It is very very cheap, you will get it even for free.
This tangy fruit is normally added in fish curry instead of tamarind to give the tartness. When we get this, we usuallt add salt and chopped green chillies to it and let it sit for couple of days. It taste just yum.
I have shared another recipe for this pickle here.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Bilimbi / Irumban Puli - 500 grams
- Salt to taste
- Gingelly Oil - 1/4 cup
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds . Vendayam / Methi seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 4 tblsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Take irumban puli and wash well. Dry and chop it into small pieces.
- Take it in a bowl, add salt and mix well. Cover and let it sit for 1 day.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida and mix well.
- Add chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Now add the spice into the pickle mix.
- Mix well.
- Store this in a air tight container in fridge till needed.
- Serve with rice.
2)This pickle taste great with curd rice or roti.
3)You can add few spoons of this pickle in fish curry to make it tangy and spicy.
1)Take Irumban Puli / Bilimbi in a bowl.
2)Wash it well and dry it out.
3)Now chop it into pieces
4)Take it in a bowl
5)Add some salt
7)Cover and let it sit for one day.
8)Now it is soaked and water has come out.
9)Heat gingelly oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and let it sizzle.
10)Add a pinch of asafoetida.
11)Add some turmeric powder
12)Add some chilli powder to taste
13)Mix well, now the spices has bloomed in the oil.
14)Add the spices to the irumban puli
16)Done. Store it in fridge for many months