Nagercoil Temple Kootu Curry or Pumpkin Raw banana kootu recipe is easy to make and taste so delicious. This curry is best served with some hot rice porridge.
Pumpkin raw banana kootu kari - Pumpkin Banana Kootu - Poosanikai vazhakkai kootu kari - Poosanikai Ethan Vazhakkai Kootu.
Karamani kootu kari which is made with a combination of pumpkin, raw banana taste amazing with rice or hot rice porridge.
This recipe is a popular recipe in my home town nagercoil. It is literally Nagercoil Special Dish.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Pumpkin Karamani Kootu Kari
- Pumpkin – 2 cup cubed
- Raw Banana / Nendran banana - 2 chopped with skins on
- Cowpeas/ Vanpayar/ Thatta Payir/ Karamani / PerumPayir – ½ cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut – 1 cup grated
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Green chillies – 2
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal podi – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper - 2 tsp
- Soak cow peas for 4 hours. Pressure cook for 4 whistle and set aside.
- Grind coconut masala and set aside.
- Take banana and pumpkin in a pressure cooker. Add in spice powders and salt and water.
- Cook for 3 whistle and set aside.
- Now add peas and coconut masala in and cook for 10 mins.
- Add curry leaves and mix well.
1)Take nendran banana / kerala banana
2)Cook some karamani - black eyed peas
3)Take pumpkin and raw banana in a pressure cooker
4)Add in salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder and chilli powder
5)Add in water
6)Take coconut in a blender
7)Add in onions
6)Add in turmeric powder
7)Add in black pepper
8)Add in cumin seeds
9)add in green chillies
10)Now the veggies are done
11)Add in peas
12)Add coconut paste
15)Add curry leaves