Thai Coconut Pancakes or Kanom Krok Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Thai Coconut Pudding pancakes made using two different types of rice flour. Glutinous rice flour and normal rice flour. Glutinous rice flour gives chewy texture.
I have been wanting to make this recipe for a long time now. This is a pancakes recipe made using glutinous rice flour and coconut milk. I tasted this when we were on a trip to thailand. The pancakes are chewy and taste absolutely delicious.
After my success with Mochi recipe, i was quite confident to use sticky rice flour or glutinous rice flour.. That ingredient is the main in this recipe. Sticky Rice flour gives the gooey and chewy texture.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Glutinous Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Regular Rice Flour - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 to 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Shredded coconut
- Spring Onions
- Oil as needed
- Take coconut milk, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in rice flour, and mix well.
- The batter has to be little thin.
- Now heat a appe pan and add oil in each hole.
- Pour batter in and cook for few seconds. Now top with spring onion and coconut and cover. Cook for a further 1 min.
- Now you can serve it as it is or sandwich them together and serve.
1)Take coconut milk in a bowl
3)Add a pinch of salt
4)Mix well till sugar is melted
5)Take glutinous rice flour
6)add them in
7)Add in normal rice flour
8)Mix well. The batter has to be thin. So add more coconut milk as needed
10)heat a kuli paniyaram pan
11)Pour in some oil
12)Ladle some batter in
13)Let it cook on medium low heat
14)For topping i added some coconut and spring onions
15)Top with this
16)Once it is almost done
17)Cover and cook
18)Now it is cooked. You can remove this as like this and serve
19)Or you could sandwich them for form a ball