Tomato Sevai Recipe - Thakkali Sevai Recipe with step wise pictures.
This tangy and flavourful tomato sevai is perfect for breakfast or a light lunch or dinner. It is super easy to make and taste so yummy.
I have never tried my hands on storebought sevai, even though i have seen them in super markets. I have never purchased them. But last time i thought of picking a packet to try. On that breakfast i made three types of sevai upma. I made tomato sevai, plain sevai and sweet sevai. Hubby loved the sevai and lot and told me to make these quite often. So here you go with the tomato sevai recipe.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Tomato Sevai Recipe
- Cooked Sevai - 4 to 5 cups
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Fennel seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small piece
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped finely
- Garlic - 1 tsp chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Tomatoes - 3 chopped finely
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Cook sevai as per package directions. You can use idiyappam as well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add fennel and cinnamon.
- Add in onions, chillies, ginger and garlic. Saute for a min.
- Add in curry leaves and tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in salt, chilli powder and garam masala powder.
- Mix well.
- Add in little water and cook till it gets bubbly.
- Add in cooked sevai and toss well.
1)You can use any store bought sevai. I prefer this one.
2)Heat water in a sauce pan, Add salt
3)Add in sevai and cook as per package directions
4)Drain and set aside.
1)Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and cinnamon.
2)Add in onions, green chillies, chopped ginger and garlic
3)Saute them for a min.
4)Add in tomatoes and curry leaves
5)Saute them well.
6)Add little water and Let the tomatoes soften
7)Add salt and chilli powder
8)Add in garam masala powder.
10)Add in cooked sevai or idiyappam and mix well.