Upside Down Orange Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious orange upside down cake which taste so citrusy and so moist. The cake itself is super fragrant and orangy.
Upside down cakes are so delicious because they have a moist caramel topping over it along with the fruits. The fruits tend to get golden and syrupy. This cake is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla icecream.
Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Banana Cornflakes Muffins
Banana Chocolate Cupcakes
Banana Nut Muffins
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Upside Down Orange Cake Recipe
- Brown Sugar - ½ cup
- Orange Juice - 3 tblsp
- Butter - 3 tblsp
- Orange - 2 peeled and sliced thinly
For Cake Batter:
- Unsalted Soft Butter - ¼ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Eggs - 1 large
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Orange Zest - from one orange
- Orange Juice - ⅛ cup
- Yogurt / Curd - ½ cup
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Baking Powder - ¾ tsp
- Baking Soda - ¼ tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Take brown sugar and orange juice in a sauce pan and heat gently till it comes to a bubble. Add butter and mix well.
- Take a nonstick spring form pan and pour the sauce in the base. Top with orange slices.
- Take butter in a bowl. Add sugar, vanilla, eggs and mix till creamy.
- Add in orange zest, juice and yogurt and mix well.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda and fold gently.
- Spoon this into the baking pan over the oranges. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 40 to 45 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
1)Start by making the sauce. Take brown sugar in a sauce pan
2)Add little orange juice
3)Heat and let it come to a boil
4)Let it boil for 30 seconds
5)Add butter and mix well
6)Pour into a nonstick spring form pan
8)Peel off the skin
9)Cut it into slices
10)Place over the caramel sauce
11)Take butter in a bowl
13)Add in vanilla extract
14)Add in egg
15)Whisk till combined
16)Add orange zest
17)Add orange juice
19)Whisk till combined
21)Add in baking powder
22)Add in baking soda
24)Spoon it into the baking pan
26)Bake till golden