Mochai Sundal Recipe – Mochai Payaru Sundal – Mochai Podi Sundal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Healthy mochai sundal recipe which is perfect for navrathri vratham prasadham. This sundal has some idli podi added into it which makes it even more tasty.
This is a different type of sundal from regular one. It is much tastier than regular ones. It makes a great side dish for rice as well. It makes a great recipe for navrathri, Try this one for your normal sundal and you will love it for sure.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Mochai - 1 cup soaked
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya a pinch
- Dry Red Chillies - 2 broken into small pieces
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Idli Podi as needed
- Salt to taste
- Coconut as needed
- Soak mochai overnight. Drain it and add it to a pressure cooker. Add salt, water and pressure cook for 6 to 10 whistle till mochai is cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, crackle mustard and urad dal. Add asafoetida, dry red chillies, curry leaves.
- Add in mochai and some salt. Toss well.
- Add in idli podi and mix well.
- Add coconut and mix well.
1)Soak mochai overnight. Drain and take it in a pressure cooker.
2)Add salt to it.
3)Cover with water
4)Pressure cook for 6 to 8 whistle till the mochai is cooked. Drain and set aside.
5) Heat oil in a pan
6)Add mustard and urad dal and let them sizzle.
7)Add in asafoetida
8)Add in curry leaves
9)Add in dry red chillies
10)Saute them for a min.
11)Add in mochai
12)Add some salt to taste
13)Add in some idli podi