Rajma Theeyal Recipe – Kidney Beans Theeyal Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious rajma curry or theeyal which taste so delicious with hot rice. This is a south indian special roasted coconut gravy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Rajma - 2 cups
- Brinjal - 1 cut in big pieces
- Salt to taste
- Coconut - 2 cups
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 3 tblsp
- Tamarind - 1 small lime size
- Soak rajma overnight. Pressure cook rajma for 4 to 5 whistle till rajma is done. Set aside to cool.
- Take coconut in a pan and roast till dark. Add spice powders and tamarind and mix well.
- Take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Take brinjal in a pot, add coconut masala, water and simmer till oil separates.
- Add cooked rajma and mix well. Add salt to taste and simmer till oil separates.
- Serve with rice.
1)Pressure cook rajma till soft.
1)Take coconut in a dry pan.
2)Start roasting on low flame
3)Roast till coconut gets golden brown
4)Now it has turned little darker
5)It is almost done.
6)Coconut has been roasted till dark on low heat
7)Add in tamarind, chilli powder and coriander powder
8)Roast for few mins.
9)Take it in a blender
10)Puree till smooth
11)Take sliced brinjals in a sauce pan.
12)Add in coconut masala
15)Bring it to a boil.
16)Simmer till oil separates
17)Add in cooked rajma
18)Mix well and simmer for few more mins.
19)Now it is done.