Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Baked Chicken Mayo Buns Recipe - Chicken Buns Recipe with step wise pictures.
I have tasted this in a bakery near by and this is my favourite. The pillowy soft buns are topped with a creamy chicken filling and it is baked to golden perfection. This is perfect to put in your kids lunch box or it will make a great after school snack. The dough and filling can be made a day in advance and stored in fridge. The creamy chicken filling is super delicious and when it gets baked the top layer forms a crust like and taste so yummy.
I used my homemade pizza dough as the base and it was so soft, light and fluffy. The top layer is so juicy and creamy which is yummy. I made the top layer mild because this is my little one's favourite, but you can add some more chilli flakes and make it super spicy. You can even add some colourful bell peppers to make it super colourful.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Baked Chicken Mayo Buns Recipe
- Pizza Dough - 1 batch Recipe link below
- Chicken - 500 grams cooked and cubed into small pieces
- Mayonnaise - 1.5 cups
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Italian Seasoning - 1 tsp
- Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp
- Cheddar Cheese or Any Cheese - 2 cups grated
- Egg or Milk for egg wash
- Make pizza dough and set aside.
- Mix chicken, mayo, salt, sugar, pepper, chilli flakes, italian seasoning, cheese and mix well.
- Take a portion of dough and divide it into three portion.
- Now roll the dough into rope like, seal the top and start braiding.
- Now bring the edges together. Let the buns rise for 15 to 20 mins.
- During the last 10 mins or rising. Preheat oven to 220 degree C.
- Brush the top with egg or milk.
- Spoon some filling on top. Bake for 20 to 25 mins.
2)Filling can be made a day in advance.
1)Start by making the dough for the bun. Check recipe link here
2)Now lets make the topping, boil chicken till it is cooked.
3)Cool it down and cut into small pieces
4)Add some mayonnaise in to the bowl
5)Add in salt to taste
6)Add some pepper to taste
7)Add in some italian seasoning. You can use some oregano and chilli flakes
8)Add some grated cheese
9)Add little sugar for balancing the taste
10)Mix well. The filling is done. Set this aside
11)Now take a portion of the dough
12)Divide it into three balls
13)Roll each ball into a rope like
14)Pinch the tops together
15)Now start braiding
16)Now bring the braids together into a circle
17)Place it in a greased baking pan
18)Brush the top with some egg or milk
19)Spoon some filling on top
20)Bake for 20 to 25 mins till golden in a 220 degree C preheated oven.