Raw Banana Thoran Recipe - Spicy Vazhakkai Thoran Recipe with step wise pictures.
This is a spicy thoran made using raw banana. It is almost meaty and taste so good with sambar rice or rasam rice or anything.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Raw Banana Thoran Recipe - Spicy Vazhakkai Thoran Recipe
- Raw Banana / Vazhakkai - 3
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Dry Red Chillies - 4 to 5
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi a pinch
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Grind coconut, dry red chillies and garlic in a blender and puree to a coarse mix.
- Take raw banana in a steamer and steam cook for 15 mins. Peel the skin and mash roughly.
- Heat oil in a kadai, Add mustard seeds, urad dal and sizzle.
- Add in asafeotida and turmeric powder.
- Add in coconut masala and mix well.
- Add in raw banana and toss well.
1)Cook raw banana in a steamer till it gets soft. peel off the skin and crumble it
2)Peel the skins off
3)Crumble it gently
4)Now make the masala, take coconut in a blender
5)Add in garlic cloves
6)Add in some dry red chillies
7)Make it into a coarse puree, dont add any water
8)Now heat some coconut oil in a pan
10)Add in mustard seeds and urad dal
11)Add in some asafoetida
12)Add in turmeric powder
13)Add in the ground masala
14)Mix well. Fry that for few mins in the oil
15)Add in the raw banana crumbles
16)Add salt to taste
17)Toss that well.
18)Now it is done, serve