Kadalai Maavu Murukku Recipe - Besan Chakli Recipe with step wise pictures.
Crunchy besan murukku or chakli which is so tasty and is very easy to make. This makes a quick snack for kids as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Coconut Milk Murukku
Wheat flour murukku
Besan Murukku Recipe
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Besan / Kadalai mavu - ½ cup
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Hing / Asafoetida / Kaya podi - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sesame Seeds - 1 tsp
- Hot Oil - 2 tblsp + for frying
- Mix rice flour, besan, chilli powder, salt, asafoetida and sesame seed in a bowl.
- Add hot oil and mix well.
- Add in water and mix well to make a soft dough.
- Put in murukku press and press in shapes you like.
- Drop in hot oil and fry till crispy.
- Drain and serve.
1)Take rice flour in a bowl
2)Add besan or gram flour
3)Add chilli powder
4)Add sesame seeds
6)Add in asafoetida
8)Add in hot oil
11)Knead to a soft dough
12)Take murukku press with star tip
13)Place dough in
17)Drop in hot oil
18)Fry till crispy
How much water to be added
just add little to make a soft dough
My all time favourite snacks chakli
Is this the one we get it in petti shops/tea shop?
not sure about the one you are talking
The recipe is fool proof. So easy. Tastes awesome. Thank you so much!!!!
For rice flour we need to wash rice then dry &then made flour of that rice that rice will be used in any murukku or without washed rice flour is used bcoz if we use home made rice flour then here in Maharashtra there very less rice flour chakhi a then how to do
When making Besan murukku must I use cold or hot water to mix the ingredients to form the dough.
Use normal room temp water