Ceylon Egg Paratha Recipe - Srilankan Egg Parota Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious and flaky ceylon egg paratha which is my favorite of all the time. It can be served as it is or put in lunch box too.
This is a recipe or dish which was introduced to me by my husband. He bought home this parota once and it tasted so delicious. I wanted to recreate it and i made it yesterday for breakfast. It tasted so delicious. I served it with leftover chicken gravy and onion raita.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Ceylon Egg Paratha Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups
- Sooji / Rava / Semolina - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Oil or Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Warm Milk - ½ cup
- Warm Water as needed
- Egg - 6
- Onion - 2 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped
- Coriander Leaves - 4 tblsp chopped finely
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 2 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Leftover Chicken Gravy - ¼ cup
- Oil or Ghee for making paratha
- Take flour, sooji, salt, sugar and ghee in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water and milk and shape it into a soft dough. Apply oil over it and cover with a damp cloth.
- Leave aside for 1 to 2 hours.
- Take all ingredients for filling in a bowl and mix well.
- Take a small portion of dough, roll it thin. Apply ghee over it.
- PLace it in a hot tawa, spoon some egg mix in and spread evenly. Fold from all sides.
- Apply oil or ghee and cook till golden on both sides. Keep cooking on low heat.
- Once it is cooked.
- Remove and serve.
1)First lets make the dough. Take all purpose flour in a bowl
2)Add some sooji
5)Add in ghee or oil
6)Mix into the flour
7)Add luke warm milk or water
8)Shape it into a dough. Add more water if needed
9)Apply oil over it and cover with a wet cloth and leave for 1 hour
10)Now make the filling. Take chopped onions in a bowl
11)Add in green chillies and coriander leaves
12)Add in eggs
14)Add in fennel seeds
16)Add in chilli powder, pepper powder and garam masala powder
18)This is optional. If you have leftover chicken curry, then add few spoons of it into the egg mix.
19)This is optional. But this is how they make it in hotels and street food.
21)Take small portion of dough
22)Roll it very thin. As thin as you can
23)Apple ghee over it.
24)Place on a hot tawa
25)Pour the filling in
26)Spread it evenly
27)Fold from all sides
28)Drizzle more ghee or oil
29)Flip over and cook
30)Keep cooking till the egg is cooked completely
31)Remove and serve