Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Cornish Fairing Biscuits Recipe with step wise pictures.
Cornish Fairing Biscuits Recipe.This is a unique biscuits which taste so spicy and delicious. It goes well with a cup of coffee or tea.
This is a very unique and different type of biscuits made using basic ingredient. But you need one special ingredient to make this, it is golden syrup. You can make it yourself at home or use store bought ones.
This is from mary berry cookbook. I am hooked to the recipe book "mary berry 100 sweet treats and puds". All the recipes are awesome and i am trying each and everyone here. This recipe is one from that and it is so easy to make. It taste delicious too. Everyone with love it.
I have already made quite a few of mary berry recipes,
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Cornish Fairing Biscuits Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 100 grams
- Ginger Powder - ¼ tsp
- Ground Cinnamon - ¼ tsp
- Ground Cloves - ⅛ tsp
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ½ tsp
- Butter - ¼ cup 50 grams
- Sugar - ¼ cup 50 grams
- Golden Syrup - 75 grams / 3 tblsp
(MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Take flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add in buttter and mix well.
- Gently heat golden syrup and pour it into the flour.Shape it to a dough.
- Now divide the dough into equal balls and arrange it in a baking tray.
- Bake for 10 mins, now remove the tray and flatten to cookie gently. Continue baking for 5 more mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
1)Take flour in a bowl
2)Add in baking soda
3)Add in ginger, cinnamon, cloves
7)Add in sugar
8)Take golden syrup. Check this link for homemade.
9)Take little in a sauce pan and heat gently
10)Now the sugar is mixed into the flour
11)Pour the syrup
12)Shape it into a dough.
13)Divide it into equal balls.
14)Arrange on a baking tray
15)Bake for 10 mins
17)Bake for another 5 mins
18)Remove and enjoy