Chana Dal Pulao Recipe - Chana Dal Rice Recipe - Kadalai Paruppu Pulav Recipe with step wise pictures.
Simple but flavourful pulao recipe made using rice and chana dal. This is a protein rich nutritious dish for your kids. Great Lunch Box Recipe too.
Chana dal pulao is a highly nutritious recipe for your kids. This is a must make recipe atleast once a week. I made it and served with bengali sweet and sour chana dal and tomato raita. I am sure you will love this simple pulav a lot. You can serve with any spicy curries like chicken curry or any veg curry.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Chana Dal Pulao
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Chana Dal / Kadalai Paruppu - ½ cup
- Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai a small piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 3 to 4 slit
- Ginger - 1 tblsp chopped
- Garlic- 1 tblsp chopped
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak chana dal for 1 hour. Soak rice for 30 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- Add in onions, ginger, garlic and chillies. Saute till golden.
- Add in salt, turmeric and mix well.
- Add in chana dal and mix well. Add 1 cup of water and cover the pot with a lid. Cook for 25 to 30 mins till the dal is cooked.
- Now add in rice and mix well.
- Add in 1.5 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer the pan, cover with a lid and cook for15 mins.
- Open and fluff up the rice.
1)Soak chana dal for 1 hour.
2)Heat ghee in a pot, add cumin seeds
3)Add in cinnamon stick
4)Add in cardamom and cloves
5)Add in onions, ginger, garlic and chillies
6)Saute them for a min
7)Cook till gets light golden
8)Add in salt and turmeric powder
10)Add in chana dal
11)Give it a mix
12)Add some water
14)Cover and cook for 20 to 30 mins
15)Till the chana dal is ¾th cooked
16)Add in rice
18)Add in water
19)Bring it to a boil
20)Cover and simmer
21)Now it is cooked
22)Fluff up the rice