Chicken Dal Curry with step by step pictures. lentil chicken curry served with roti or rice taste delicious.
One day i visited one of my close friends place. We had such a great time and for lunch she made ghee rice and dal curry. I was surprised to see that combo, she told me that her mum always makes dal curry with ghee rice. When i tasted it, it was delicious. So yummy.
About this Recipe
Dal or lentils are dried, split pulses that do not need to be soaked before cooking in Indian cuisine. Certain regions in Bangladesh, Afghanistan, and India are the world's largest producers of pulses. The term is also applied to a variety of soups made from these pulses. These pulses are among the most important staple foods in
South Asian countries, and they play an important role in South Asian cuisines. Dal Chicken strikes the perfect balance between consuming a healthy dose of fiber-rich, nutritious lentils and satisfying desire for a cheeky bit of chicken.
I took the inspiration from that, few days later i asked hubby to get chicken. I decided to make ghee rice and dal, at that moment i thought why not add chicken to dal. created my own recipe and when i made it i loved the flavour a lot and it went so well with ghee rice. More over my lil one loved it to the core.
Ingredients for Chicken Dal
Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu :
It is high in vitamins A, B, C, and E, as well as a variety of minerals such as iron, calcium, and potassium. Not to mention that it is a good source of vegetarian protein. It is beneficial for weight loss because it is low in fat and high in protein and fibre.
Tomato flavour is frequently described as sweet, tart, tangy, or well- balanced. flavour is also known as & classic tomato flavour & or old-fashioned tomato flavour; in some cases. Some tomatoes are described as having a mild or bland flavour.
Onions are considered a basic ingredient or the foundation of Indian cooking and are used to make any gravy, curry, or bhuna dish. The flavour and aroma of onion transforms any ordinary dish into a mouthwatering and delectable one.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Chicken Dal Recipe | Chicken Lentil Curry Recipe
- Chicken - 250 grams with bones
- Green Chilli - 2 slit
- Curry leaves - 2 sprig
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu - ½ cup
- Water - 2 to 3 cups
- Coriander leaves a handful finely chopped
- For Seasoning:
- Ghee - 1 tblspn
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblspn
- Wash and soak moong dal for 30 mins.
- Take chicken, chilli, tomato, curry leaves, salt, turmeric and water in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil, simmer the pan, cover it and let it cook for 25 mins till the chicken is cooked.
- Add in dal and continue cooking for 15 mins till dal is done.
- Now make seasoning by heating ghee and add in some cumin seeds, add in onions and cook till golden. Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well. Spoon this over the dal and add coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve with ghee rice.
Step by Step
|Wash and soak dal for 30 mins|