Chicken & Vegetable Rice Recipe – Chicken Veg Rice Recipe with step wise pictures
Easy and fast rice dish which is made using chicken and veggies. Taste fantastic with some onion raita or salad on the side.
Pulao or biryani comes handy when coming to lunch box recipes. This recipe goes perfect with some raita, i served it with cucumber raita. You can enjoy with any raita of choice. You will need a handful of ingredients to make this pulao and it comes together in less than 30 mins.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Krambu / Cloves - 4
- Onion - 1 sliced thinly
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 chopped
- Beans - 10 chopped
- Chicken - 1/2 kg
- Seera Samba Rice - 2 cups
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Biryani Masala Powder - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Water - 3 cups
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add onions and saute till light golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mx well.
- Add in carrot, beans, tomatoes and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in chicken and stir fry.
- Add spice powders and salt. Stir fry for 5 mins.
- Add in yogurt and mix well.
- Add in rice and water.
- Bring it to a boil. Simmer covered for 15 to 20 mins.
- Cook till it is cooked.
1)Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
2)Add in bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves
3)Add in onion
4)Saute till lightly brown
5)Add in ginger garlic paste
6)Add in carrot, beans and tomatoes
8)Now the raw smell is gone
10)Saute till it is sauted
11)Add in spice powders
14)Add in yogurt
16)Add in soaked drained rice
18)Mix well. and bring it to a boil
19)Cook till it rice is done