Cucumber Buttermilk Curry Recipe – Vellarikai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe with step wise pictures.
Cucumber Buttermilk Curry Recipe – Vellarikai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe is so delicious with some hot rice and fish or chicken as a side. If you are vegetarian enjoy with some poriyal or curries.
This is one of the easiest curry which you could ever make. Not only it is easy it is very fast to make. It needs just basic ingredients and this method i am showing is super easy. This curry taste great when made with sour curd. You can balance the curry with little sugar if you want.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Cucumber - 3 cups peeled and cut into pieces
- Salt to taste
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 2 tsp
- Green Chillies - 3 to 4
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Yogurt / Curd - 1 cup
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - a sprig
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Take cucumber in a sauce pan, cover with water, salt. Cook till it is done.
- Take all grinding ingredients in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Pour this into the cooked cucumber and mix well. Bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat.
- Heat oil and add in all seasoning ingredients and cook till golden.
- Pour it over the curry and mix well.
1)Take coconut in a blender
2)Add cumin seeds
3)Add chillies and turmeric powder
4)Add rice flour
6)Blend till creamy
7)Take peeled cucumber in a pot
10)Bring it to a boil
11)Cover and cook till cucumber is done
12)Now it is done
13)Add coconut masala
15)Bring it to a boil
16)Heat coconut oil in a pan
17)Add mustad and urad dal
18)Add dry red chillies
19)Add curry leaves
20)Pour over the curry