Dhaba Style Rajma Gravy Recipe - Kidney Beans Gravy Recipe with step wise pictures.
Dhaba style rajma curry which is super easy to make and needs just few spices. It doesn't need onions or tomatoes in this.
Rajma curry is my favourite, i love to have it with either rice or roti. Specially it taste amazing with plain cooked basmati rice. You can make this curry mild or spicy or extra spicy by increasing the chilli level. This curry is super easy to make, all you have to do is cook with few spices. You will get a delicious curry in few minutes. This curry can be stored for few days in fridge, actually the flavours will increase as it stands.
The main thing you have to remember is cooking the rajma really well. Normally it takes 3 to 4 whistle for a soaked rajma. You have to soak rajma for atleast 8 hours or overnight. If you are cooking it in a regular pot, cover the rajma with water and bring it to a boil, simmer for 45 mins to 1 hour or till tender. So it is better to invest in a pressure cooker for fast cooking. In a pressure cooker it takes under 15 mins to cook.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Dhaba Style Rajma Gravy Recipe
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
- Ginger - 1 tblsp chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 slit
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Rajma - 1 cup
- Lemon Juice - to taste
- Soak rajma overnight. Take it in a pressure cooker, cover with water, add salt and cook for 4 to 5 whistle. Take it off the heat and let the steam escape by itself. Open the cooker and serve.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in cumin seeds.
- Add in ginger, chillies and spice powders. Mix well. Add a splash of water and cook till spices are cooked.
- Add in cooked rajma along with water and salt.
- Mash it roughly and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add in lemon juice and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan, add in cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
2)Add in ginger and green chillies
3)Let them sizzle.
4)Add in chilli, coriander, cumin and turmeric powder
6)Add in garam masala powder
7)Mix well, add little water and cook the spices.
8)Add in cooked rajma with the cooking liquid
11)Add salt to taste
13)Add lemon juice