Coconut Macaroons Recipe - Chewy Coconut Macaroons Recipe with step wise pictures.
Soft and chewy coconut macaroons which taste so yummy. It is pretty easy to make as well. Basic ingredients and super quick to make.
This recipe is super easy to make. It just needs a handful of ingredients and super easy to put together as well. It has lots of coconut flavour and the cookies turn out chewy and dense. Super yummy with a cup of tea or coffee.
Monster Cookies without Flour
Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Coloured Ghee Cookies
Glazed Chocolate Cookies
Custard Powder Cookies
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- Egg Whites - from 2 egg
- Sugar - ½ cup + 1 tblsp
- Salt a pinch
- Vanilla Extract - ½ tsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ¼ cup 30 grams
- Coconut flakes or Shredded Coconut - 1.5 cup
MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML
- Take egg whites in a bowl, add in sugar and salt. Place this over a sauce pan of boiling water and whisk constantly for 1 to 2 min till the mix gets warm.
- Add in flour, vanilla, coconut and mix well. Chill this mix for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 170 degree C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Scoop the coconut mix and place it on the baking pan.
- Now place a blanched almond on to and bake for 15 to 20 mins. Remove it and cool down.
- Store in a air tight container and enjoy.
1)Take egg whites in a clean heat safe bowl.
3)Add a pinch of salt.
4)Place it over a sauce pan with boiling water and whisk well for 1 to 2 mins
5)Keep mixing till the egg white mix gets warm.
6)You dont have to whip it up, just whisk gently.
7)Take it off the heat
8)Check with your fingers, it has to be warm.
12)Add in coconut
14)Chill this for 1 to 2 hours.
15)Now scoop it into the parchment paper.
16)Place a almond on top.
17)Bake till done.
18)Remove it and cool down.