Fish Manchurian Recipe with step by step pictures. Spicy and flavourful fish manchurian which taste amazing with fried rice, noodles.
I love Chinese foods, more than anything else. In this blog alone I have around 38 recipes which are Chinese. I never thought that seafoods can be made in Chinese style. I have often seen that it takes part a major role in restaurant menu, but I have never ordered it. One day we thought to go bold and ordered chilli fish from our favourite restaurant. I was so amazed by the taste, and it inspired me to give a try of my own.
I thought of making it like a manchurian. Hubby bought some beautiful fish from the market and those were perfect for this. I was so amazed by the result, they tasted so
fresh and yummy. I am planning to make more fish recipes in the future…I hope
you will love it as much as I did.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Fish Manchurian Recipe
- Fish Pieces I used Trevally / Jack / Parai meen - 500 gms ( Boneless, White Fleshed Fish )
- Oil for Deep frying
For the Batter:
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ¾ cup
- Corn Starch / Corn Flour - ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 1 tsp
- Water as needed
For the Sauce:
- Oil - 2 tblspn
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblspn
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Green Chilli - 2 chopped
- Tomatoes - 1 chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Paste - 1 tblspn Dry red chillies ground with water
- Soy Sauce - 1 tsp or to taste
- Green Chilli Sauce - 1 tsp or to taste
- Tomato Ketchup - 1 tblspn or to taste
- Vinegar - 1 tsp or to taste
- Water - ½ cup
- Corn flour - 1 tblspn mixed with water to form a paste
- Pepper - 1 tsp or to taste
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro /Spring Onions - for garnishing
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Take all the batter ingredients and add water to it. Form this into a smooth paste. Dip the fish pieces in it and fry them in hot oil for 5 mins till they are golden and cooked through. Drain them in a paper towel.
- Now make the sauce. Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add in onions, green chillies and mix well. Cook this for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and toss well in the oil. Let them cook for a min.
- Add some salt and sugar to it and mix well.
- Now add in red chilli paste, soy sauce, green chilli sauce, ketchup, vinegar and mix well.
- Add some water to it and mix well to form a sauce. Let them come to a boil.
- Add in the corn flour slurry (corn flour mixed with water). Actually I added some of the left over batter. Mix well so that it gets thick and saucy.
- Add in pepper and mix well.
- Add the fried fish pieces in this and toss well with the sauce.
- Garnish with coriander leaves or spring onions and mix well.
- Serve over with rice or noodles.