Fruit Halwa Recipe – Cornflour Fruit Halwa Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious cornflour fruit halwa which taste so delicious. Along with nuts and dried fruits this one is delicious and is so easy to make.
I love this halwa so much, it is one of my favourite. Everytime we buy sweets i usually prefer this fruit halwa. The taste is so yummy that we can never resist it. I thought of recreating it for this diwali, I know it is made with cornflour. So i used my cornflour halwa recipe and made this. It turned out super delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1.5 cup + 1 cup
- Sugar - 1.5 cup
- Dried Fruits & Nuts - 1 cup chopped
- Ghee - 1/3 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Food colour a pinch
- Take cornflour in a bowl, add in 1.5 cup of water and mix well. Add some food colour and set aside.
- Take sugar in a nonstick pan, add water and mix well. Heat it and cook till sugar melts. Now bring it to a boil and continue boiling for 2 mins.
- Add cornflour mix in and stir well. Cook till it thickens.
- Add in nuts and keep cooking.
- Add ghee slowly and keep mixing. Keep cooking till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder and ghee and mix well.
- Spoon this into a greased pan and cool it down for 3 to 4 hours.
- Slice and serve.
1)Grease a pan with some ghee and set aside.
2)Chop up some dried fruits and nuts. I used dates, cherries, cashews, almonds, kishmish, pista and tutti fruity
3)Take 1/2 cup cornflour in a bowl.
4)Add 1 1/2 cup water and mix well.
5)Add some food colour and mix well.
6)Take sugar in a nonstick pan,
7)Add in water
8)Heat till sugar is melted
9)Bring it to a boil. Boil it for 2 mins
10)Now add in cornflour mix and keep mixing.
11)Keep stiring till it gets thick
12)It will get glossy
13)Add in all the dried fruits and nuts
15)Add ghee and mix well
16)Keep cooking till it gets thick
17)Add more ghee and keep mixing
18)It will get really thick, you have to keep on mixing.
19)Add in cardamom powder
20)Add ghee and mix well
21)Now it has got nice and thick
22)Spoon it into the pan and set it for 3 to 4 hours
24)Slice and serve