Funnel Cake Recipe – Fair Foods – Street Foods Recipe with step wise pictures.
This is a fair favorite recipe. The funnel cakes turns out to crispy in the exterior and so fluffy inside. This can be served with some strawberry sauce and icing sugar dusting.
I haven’t tasted funnel cakes so far. But i am seeing this recipe all over internet. So thought of trying it out. To my surprise it was delicious. This is similar to a cake batter but with less sugar in them. It is usually topped with icing sugar or any sauces. The classic is strawberry sauce and whipped cream. You have to eat this right from the oil while it is still hot. The outer is very crispy and inside is very fluffy.
Also check out these delicious breads & muffins
Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Banana Cornflakes Muffins
Banana Chocolate Cupcakes
Banana Nut Muffins
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Egg - 1
- Sugar - 3 tblsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Oil for deep frying
- Confectioners Sugar or Icing sugar for dusting
- Mix egg, sugar, vanilla, milk and water in a bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a frying pan.
- Pour the batter into a funnel, stop the end with your fingers.
- Place the funnel over the oil and release the finger. Make swirls of the batter.
- Fry till the bottom gets golden. Flip over carefully and fry the other side too.
- Remove to a plate and dust top with icing sugar.
1)Take egg in a bowl.
8)Add baking powder
9)Add a pinch of salt
10)Mix to a batter
11)The batter has to be at this consistency
12)In a frying pan, heat oil
13)Take a funnel and stop the end using your finger like this
13)Pour two ladleful of batter
14)Now take the funnel near the oil
15)Release the end
16)Make swirls in the oil
17)Fry till the bottom gets crispy
18)Now it is golden
19)Flip over and cook
21)Place on a serving plate
22)Dust top with icing sugar. You can top this with strawberry sauce or whipped cream too.