Halo Halo Dessert is a filipino dessert with step by step pictures. Popular filipino dessert made with coconut milk, ube and jackfruit.
Halo halo dessert takes lots of effort to make, but the end result is so worth it. This dessert has lots of components in them and is delicious.
You need Ube ice cream, jack fruit, tender coconut flesh, caramel flan and few more things to make this delicious dessert.
About Filipino Halo Halo
Halo-halo (Tagalog for "mix-mix"), also spelled haluhalo, is a popular Filipino cold dessert which is a concoction of crushed ice, evaporated milk and various ingredients including, among others, ube, sweetened beans, coconut strips sago, gulaman (seaweed gelatin), pinipig rice, boiled root crops in cubes, fruit slices, flan, and topped with a scoop of ice cream.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Halo Halo | Filipino Halo Halo Recipe
FOR UBE ICECREAM: Recipe here
- Fresh Cream - 200 ml
- Purple Sweet Potato Powder - 2 tblsp
- Water - 4 tblsp
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - ½ cup
FOR SWEETENED MILK:
- Boiled Black Eyed Peas - ½ cup
- Sugar - 2 tblsp
- Flan or Caramel Custard - 2 piece
- Jack Fruit
- Tender Coconut Flesh
- Nata De Coco
- Food Colours
- Sweetened condensed milk - ¼ cup
- Shaved Ice
FOR SWEETENED MILK:
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - ¼ cup
- Start by making icecream. Check this link for recipe
- Take boiled beans in a bowl and add sugar and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix food colours in nata de coco and set aside.
- Take milk and sugar in a sauce pan and boil for 10 mins till reduced in half.
- Take nata de coco in a bowl. Add in jack fruit, tender coconut flesh, beans.
- Take shaved ice in this. Add milk and condensed milk. Flan and icecream.
Halo Halo Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1)Start by making ube ice cream. Recipe here
2)Boil black eyed peas. Take it in a bowl
3)Add in sugar
4)Mix well and set aside
5)Take a can of fruit cocktail. I used nata de coco in this.
6)It will be white cube like.
7)Take it in a bowl
8)Add in red and green food colour to the coconut cubes
9)You will need jackfruit
10)Boil milk with sugar till it is reduced to half. You will need some sweetened condensed milk.
11)You will need white nata de coco, red coloured ones and green coloured ones. You will need jackfruit and tender coconut flesh. You will need few pieces of flan too.
12)You will need shaved ice.
13)Shave some ice
14)Take all your ingredients.
15)Fill nata de coco in the cup
16)Add in jack fruit
17)Add in tender coconut flesh
18)Add nata de coco
19)Add in sugared beans
20)Add in shaved ice
21)Add in thickened milk
22)Add in sweetened condensed milk.
23)Top with ice cream
24)Add in flan