Karamani Thoran Recipe – Payathangai Thoran Recipe
Healthy karamani thoran which taste so delicious and is easy to make. This not only taste yummy but it is highly nutritous.
This simple varuval taste amazing with plain rice and any kuzhambu. It is super easy to make and fast to cook as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Long Beans / Karamani - 300 grams chopped
- Coconut OIl - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut - ½ cup grated
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, urad dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves. Let them sizzle.
- Add beans and saute for 4 to 5 min.
- Add little water and salt and cover and cook for 5 to 6 mins.
- Add spice powders and stir fry for a min.
- Add in coconut and toss well.
1)Take coconut oil in a kadai
2)Add in mustard seeds and urad dal
3)Add in dry red chillies
4)Add in curry leaves
5)Add in long beans
8)Add a splash of water
9)Cover and cook
10)Cook till beans is done
11)Add in cumin powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder
13)Add in coconut