Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Khus Khus Halwa Recipe - Poppy Seed Halwa Recipe - Easy Diwali Sweets with step wise pictures.
Khus khus halwa is a unique dessert recipe which is not only easy to make but taste so delicious as well. This poppy seed halwa can be made on any special occasions as well.
This halwa first sounded very unusual for me. But it is quite a popular sweets in certain places. It needs just few ingredients and it is pretty easy to make as well. This halwa doesnt need too much ghee as well, since poppy seeds are naturally oily. It doesn't need too much ghee.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Khus Khus Halwa Recipe
- Poppy seed / Khus Khus / Kasa Kasa - ½ cup
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Ghee - ¼ cup
- Cashews - 2 tblsp
- Kishmish - 2 tblsp
- Cardamom Powder - ½ tsp
- Soak poppy seeds for 2 hours. Strain it and take it in a blender. Add water and puree till smooth.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cashews and raisins. Fry till golden and set aside.
- Take ground poppy seeds in a nonstick pan, saute for 5 to 6 mins on medium heat till it starts to thicken.
- Add in sugar and mix well. Keep cooking for 4 mins.
- Add in ghee little at a time and keep sauteing till ghee separates from the mix.
- Add in fried cashews, raisins and cardamom powder. Mix well.
1)Take poppy seeds in a bowl.
2)Add in water
3)Soak them for 2 hours
5)Take it in a blender
7)Grind till smooth
8)Heat ghee in a pan
10)Fry till golden
11)Add in raisins
12)Fry till done.
14)Take poppy seed mix in a nonstick pan
15)Cook on medium heat
16)Cook till it gets to thicken
17)Stir fry till raw smell leaves
20)Add ghee little by little.
22)Cook till ghee starts to leave the sides
23)Add cardamom powder
25)Add fried nuts and raisins