Garlic Sev Recipe – Poondu Oma Podi Recipe – Diwali Snack Recipe with step wise pictures.
Easy and delicious snack recipe made using garlic. This sev has full of garlic flavour and makes a perfect snack for kids.
I was making my list for this diwali based on viewers requested recipe and this recipe, dry samosa and dry kachori recipe was on top of my list. So i made this yesterday and it turned out just perfect.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Garlic - 6 cloves
- Ajwain / Omam / Carom Seeds - 2 tsp
- Gram Flour / Besan / Kadalai Mavu - 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Asafeotida / Hing / Kaya podi a pinch
- Oil - 1 tblsp + for deep frying
- Take garlic, omam in a blender and puree till smooth. Strain it and set aside.
- Take gram flour, salt, chilli powder, asafoetida in a bowl. Add little oil and mix well.
- Add in the strained water and knead to a sticky dough.
- Fill a press with this dough and make press over hot oil.
- Fry till done.
- Strain it.
- Cool it down and serve.
1)Take garlic and ajwain in a blender
2)Add water and grind till smooth
5)Take gram flour in a bowl
6)Add salt and chilli powder
7)Add in asafoetida
8)Add in oil
10)Add strained garlic water
11)Knead to a sticky dough
12)Take oma podi press
13)Fill with dough
15)Heat oil in a pan
16)Press it over the oil
17)Press it in a circle motion
18)Fry till shh sounds subsides in the oil.
21)Break into small pieces and serve