You all know I have recently started to cook korean dishes. Few days back I came across this recipe in maangchi channel and I decided to try it immediately. Somehow I managed to find the korean red pepper paste. But I couldn’t find the pepper powder, so I decided to make my very own pepper powder, I know it won’t taste the same, but I just want to try it out, Check this link for the Gochgugaru recipe.
This recipe is adapted from Maangchi’s Cheese Buldak – Maangchi’s Fire Chicken.
HOW TO MAKE KOREAN FIRE CHICKEN WITH CHEESE
- The Marination: take a bowl, add in all the ingredients mentioned, garlic, gochujang, gochugaru, sugar, honey, soy sauce and chicken.
- The Cooking: transfer the whole thing to a pan. cover and cook till it bubbles up.
- Final Topping: top with whole thing with cheese and continue cooking till cheese melts.
- Garnishing & Serving: garnish with spring onions and serve.
- 2 large Chicken Breast cubed
- 200 grams Mozzarella Cheese
- Spring Onions for Garnishing
- 1/4 cup Korean Red Pepper Powder my cheat pepper powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp Ginger chopped finely
- 2 tbsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Gochujang / Korean Red Pepper Paste
- 1.5 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- to taste Salt
- Take all marination ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add in cubed chicken and mix well.
- Pour this in a pan and cover it..Simmer this for 15 to 20 mins till chicken is juicy and cooked.
- Now top this with cheese and cover it for another 2 to 3 mins till cheese is melted.
- Serve with a scattering of spring onion.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Lets make the marinate…Take red pepper powder in a bowl,
I used homemade, recipe here
|add in ginger and garlic|
|Add in pepper powder|
|Add little sugar|
|Add in some korean red pepper paste|
|Drizzle in honey|
|add in some soy sauce|
|add in oil|
|season with little salt to taste|
|Thick fiery marinate is done|
|Add cubed chicken breast in|
|Now pour this in a pan|
|cover and simmer on a very low heat till chicken is done..|
|Now the chicken is done..Moist and juicy..|
|Top with some mozzarella cheese..this is optional|
|I covered with a lid|
|Now it is done|