Maida Halwa Recipe - Easy Diwali Sweets with step wise pictures.
Delicious maida halwa which is easy to make and is so tasty as well. This is one of the easiest sweets you could ever make and taste amazing too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Maida Halwa Recipe - Easy Diwali Sweets
- Maida / All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 ½ cup
- Ghee - ½ cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Cashews - 10 broken into small pieces
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Yellow Food Colour few drops
- Grease a pan with ghee and set aside.
- Mix maida with water without any lumps and set aside.
- Take sugar and water in a nonstick pan and cook till the sugar reaches 1 string.
- Now add in flour mix and keep cooking. Cook till it thickens.
- Add ghee little by little and keep cooking. Continue cooking till it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Add in cashews, cardamom powder and yellow food colour. Mix well.
- Once it leaves the sides of the pan. Spoon it into the pan and press on top.
- Place cashews on top.
- Cool it down.
- Slice into squares.
1)Grease a pan with ghee
2)Take maida / flour in a bowl
4)Make it into a smooth batter
5)Take sugar in a pan
8)Cook till one string consistency
10)Add in maida batter
12)Cook till it thickens
13)Add in food colour
15)Add ghee little by little.
18)Add more ghee
20)Cook till it leaves the sides
21)Add cardamom powder
25)Spoon it into the baking pan
26)PLace cashews on top