Onion & Cheese Quiche Recipe with step wise pictures.
This onion and cheese quiche is not only delicious but is easy to make. It makes a great snacks or breakfast option too.
Quiche is one recipe which i wanted to make for quite sometime. Finally i made it yesterday and shared a picture on instagram and everyone asked for the recipe. So here i am with the recipe.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Onion & Cheese Quiche Recipe
- Savoury Shortcrust Pastry - 1 batch
- Cheese - 1 cup grated
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Onion - 2 sliced thinly
- Eggs - 3
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Milk - ½ cup
- Dried Parsley - 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Boil potatoes in salted water till tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add spinach and cook till wilted. Set aside to cool down.
- Take your pie crust. Roll it and line it over the mould. Prick it with fork and bake it in the oven for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in onions and cook till caramelized. Set aside to cool.
- Take eggs, salt, pepper and milk in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in cheese and onions. Add in dried parsley.
- Take the baked pie crust.
- Pour filling over and pop it back in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 mins
- Remove and cool for 5 mins.
- Unmould and slice and serve.
1)Take your savoury pie crust
2)Roll it out
3)Line a pie dish with the crust
4)Prick all over with a fork
5)Put this in a 200 degree C preheated oven and bake for 15 mins.
6)Heat oil in a pan. Add in sliced onions
7)Cook this till it gets caramelized
8)Cook them well
9)Now it is nice and golden
10)Meanwhile make the filling. Take eggs in a bowl
11)Add salt and pepper
12)Add milk. You can use half milk and half cream
14)Add in onions
15)Add in grated cheese
16)Take some dried parsley
17)Add it in
20)Pour the filling into the crust
21)Bake till done. it will be puffy when you take out of the oven
22)As it cools it will flatten
23)Slice and serve