Vankaya Pappu Recipe - Brinjal Dal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious brinjal pappu which taste so delicious with some hot rice and roti.This goes well with chicken curry or roast on the side.
This dal is one of my favorite. I love having it with plain white rice or roti. This dal is so delicious, it has a spicy flavour. You can enjoy this dal as it is too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Brinjal Pappu Recipe
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Brinjal - 1 chopped finely
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Toor Dal / Tuvaram Paruppu - ½ cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tblsp chopped finely
- Pressure cook toor dal with little turmeric till soft. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions, tomatoes and saute for 3 mins.
- Add in brinjal and mix well.
- Add salt, turmeric, chilli powder and mix well.
- Add water and cook till brinjal is done.
- Add in dal and mix well.
- Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Pressure cook dal for 2 whistle and mash roughly.
2)Heat oil in a pan
3)Add in onion
4)Add in tomatoes. Cook till mushy.
5)Add in brinjal
6)Saute for 4 to 5 mins
7)Add in turmeric, salt, chilli powder
8)Saute for 5 mins
9)Add in cooked dal
11)Simmer for 5 mins
12)Add in coriander leaves
Leave a Reply