Onion Podi Uthappam Recipe - Podi Uthappam Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious uthappam recipe which has onions, curry leaves and idli podi on top. Cook till crispy on the bottom and soft on top.
Uthappam is so easy to make. You can top with any of your favourite toppings. Check out this 5 taste uthappam for inspiration.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Onion Podi Uthappam Recipe - Podi Uthappam Recipe
- Leftover Dosa Batter as needed
- Idli Podi as needed
- Oil or Ghee as needed
- Onions as needed finely chopped
- Curry leaves as needed
- Heat a dosa pan, spoon a ladleful of batter on a tawa. dont spread the batter.
- Sprinkle top with onions, podi, curry leaves. Drizzle oil on the side. Cover with a lid and cook for few seconds. Flip over and cook. Serve.
- For plain podi uthappam, spoon batter, sprinkle podi. Drizzle oil around the sides. Cook till bottom is crispy. Now flip over and cook.
1)Take your dosa batter, if the batter is 3 or 4 days old then it is perfectly ok.
2)First lets make onion podi uthappam. Spoon a ladleful of batter in a hot tawa. dont spread the batter
3)top with onions, you can use shallots too.
4)Sprinkle with idli podi
5)Top with few curry leaves
6)Drizzle sides with some oil.
7)Cover with a lid and cook on a low flame.
8) now it is cooked
9)Flip over and cook
10) Onion podi uthappam done.
11)Now lets make plain podi uthappam. spoon a ladleful of batter.
12)Sprinkle idli podi.
13)Drizzle oil around the sides
14)Cook till crispy in the bottom and flip over.