Panch Phoron Potatoes Recipe with step by step pictures. Simple potato dish made with panch phoron spice mix which taste delicious.
Hai Guys..I can't wait to share this recipe with you all, because of its deliciousness. It was unbelievably yummy. The five spices which i added gave it a very unique flavour and taste to it. The onions in this turned so sweet and soft and it was amazing. You all know how much i love potatoes, this has become one of my latest favorite now.
There is no master spice powders in this recipe, there is only some turmeric powder for its golden colour. The spicyness comes from the green chillies and all other flavours comes from the panch phoron spice mix.
I am stressing you guys again to make that wonderful spice mix again and keep it in your store cupboard, if you didn't make it from my dal recipe. That spice is a wonderful one to have around because you can add it to anything you like. Some of my suggestions are chicken, cauliflower and so on..Bengali's even have powdered form of this spice which they add to so many of their signature recipes.
I guess you can tell the taste of this potato dish from the look of it, I strongly recommend you to try this immediately. I served this with my panch phoron dal and it was like heaven. So give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Panch Phoron Potatoes Recipe
- Onions - 2 medium size sliced thinly
- Potatoes - 3 large peeled and cubed
- Green Chilli - 3 to 4 sliced at a angle
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblspn
- Panch Phoron Spice Mix - 2 tblspn
- Turmeric powder / Manjal podi - 1 tsp
- Oil - 3 tblspn
- Heat a thick bottom pan. Add in oil and some panch phoron spice mix and let it sizzle for a min.
- Now add in onions, green chilli and curry leaves and saute it for 3 mins.
- Once it is sauted add in turmeric powder, salt and ginger garlic paste. Give it a stir for a min.
- Now add in the cubed potatoes and mix well.
- Pour a dash of water and cover with a tight lid and let it simmer on a low heat for 15 mins.
- Now remove the lid and turn the heat to a high and mix well for 10 more mins so it get little brown and crisp.
- Serve this with rice and rasam.
Panch phoron potatoes recipe step by step pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Panch phoron spice mix...|
|Add the spice mix|
|Add in onions, green chilli and curry leaves|
|Saute for a while|
|Add in salt and turmeric powder|
|Some ginger garlic paste|
|Give it a good stir|
|Add in potatoes|
|Pour some water|
|Cover and cook|
|Till potatoes are tender|
|Increase the heat and brown the potatoes|
|Taste great with dal and rasam rice|