Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Perfect Refried Beans Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious and healthy refried beans recipe which can be made easily at home and it taste way delicious that store bought ones.
This is ultimate recipe for most mexican dishes like tacos, fajitas, mexican pizza and many more. This is really a healthy dip to have with chips and also a healthy spread for sandwich,rolls etc. The original recipe calls for pinto beans but you could also make it with kidney beans. The flavouring I added is basic ingredients, but you could add onion powder,garlic powder and your favorite seasonings.
Mexican Breakfast Burrito
Mexican Scrambled Eggs
Mexican Refried Beans
Homemade Flour Tortilla
Tres Leches Cake
Scrambled Egg Quesadilla
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Perfect Refried Beans Recipe
- Rajma / Red Kidney Beans - 1 cup
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Onion - 1 large chopped very finely
- Garlic - 4 cloves chopped
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Soak rajma overnight. Take it in a pressure cooker, cover with water and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistle. Drain and set aside the cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions, garlic and chillies. Cook till golden brown.
- Add rajma and stir for 5 mins.
- Add in salt, cumin powder and mix well.
- Take it in a blender, puree till smooth. Add the reserved cooking liquid little at a time and puree till smooth.
- Remove to a bowl, top with chopped spring onions or cilantro and serve.
1) Soak rajma overngiht. Pressure cook red kidney beans (rajma) for 4 to 5 whistle till it is cooked. Drain and set aside.
2) Reserve the cooking liquid.
3)Heat oil in a pan
4)Add in onions, chillies and garlic
5)Saute that till golden brown
6)Just like this
7)Add in rajma
8)Toss that well and fry it for 4 to 5 mins
9)Add salt and mix well
10)Add in cumin powder
12)Take rajma in a blender
13)Add the cooking liquid.
14)Add little at a time.
15)Puree till smooth
16)Now it is smooth