Quail Egg Dum Biryani - Kaada Mutta Biryani Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious quail egg biryani which is so easy to make and so tasty. The tiny quail eggs looks so cute in biryani and taste amazing with onion raita.
This biryani is a different version from normal egg biryani. This quail egg biryani looks so cute and taste so delicious too. The rice in this biryani has so much flavour and taste so aromatic. You can enjoy this with any raita of your choice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Quail Egg Dum Biryani
- Basmati Rice - 4 cups cooked check this link
- Quail Eggs - 15
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Yogurt / Curd - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - ¼ cup chopped finely
- Mint Leaves - ¼ cup chopped finely
- Yellow Food Colour or Saffron few drops
- Milk - 2 tblsp
- Cook rice as per directions and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in quail egg, salt, turmeric powder and mix well. Cook till golden and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add whole spices and let them sizzle. Add in onions and chillies and cook till golden brown.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add in salt and spice powders and mix well.
- Add in yogurt, coriander leaves, mint leaves and mix well. Add water and cook till masala is thick.
- Top with cooked rice, add in saffron liquid and fried quail egg.
- Cover and simmer the whole thing for 15 mins.
- Turn off the heat and fluff up the rice.
- Serve hot.
1)Cook rice as per this link. Drain and set aside.
2)Heat oil in a pan, add in boiled quail eggs
3)Add in chilli powder and salt.
4)Cook till golden and brown.
6)Heat oil in a pan. Add in whole spices.
7)Add in onions and chillies
8)Saute till golden brown.
9)Add in ginger garlic paste.
11)Add in all spice powders.
13)Add in yogurt, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
15)Add in salt.
17)Add little water and cook.
18)Add cooked rice.
19)Spread evenly and top with saffron which is mixed with some milk.
20)Add few drops of kewra water and rose water.
21)Top with eggs
22)Cook on dum for few mins.