Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Rajma Masala Sundal Recipe - Kidney Beans Masala Sundal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Healthy rajma sundal which a masala twist. This can be made as a sidedish for rice as well. You can enjoy this in the evening with your cup of tea.
Rajma is a healthy pulse , you have to try to include it atleast once a week in your diet.I should have posted this recipe for navaratri, but i ran out of time, so i am sharing it now.. This has become my habit, i start posting recipes for festival late, then i make too much dishes and i ran out of time to post that. This is a simple sundal recipe and it is a savoury variety.
Rajma Masala Sundal
- Cooked Rajma / Kidney Beans - 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Curry leaves a sprig
FOR ROASTING & GRINDING:
- Oil -1 tsp
- Black Pepper - ½ tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 4
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Coconut - ¼ cup
- Heat oil in a pan, add all roasting ingredients one by one and roast well. Take it in a blender and powder coarse.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetita and mix well.
- Add rajma and salt and mix well.
- Add the powder and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan.
2)Add cumin seeds, urad dal, pepper and chillies
3)Saute for a min
4)Add in curry leaves
7)Stir fry for few mins.
8)Take it in a blender
9)Powder till coarse
10)Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and curry leaves
13)Add in cooked rajma
15)Add the powder