Quinoa Vegetable Upma Recipe - Easy Quinoa Recipes
Healthy indian style quinoa upma made with lots of veggies. This upma is perfect for breakfast and it makes great lunch too. You can pack in your kids lunch box too.
Quinoa in Spanish, from Quechua kinwa or kinuwa. is a species of the goosefoot genus, a grain crop grown primarily for its edibleseeds. It is a pseudocereal, similar in some respects to buckwheat, rather than a true cereal, as it is not a member of the true grass family.
How to cook Quinoa
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Quinoa Vegetable Upma Recipe
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Onion - 1 medium size chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 chopped
- Beans - 6 chopped
- Peas - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Quinoa - 1 cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Coriander leaves - 2 tblsp chopped finely
- Heat oil in a pot. Add in mustard and asafoetida.
- Add in onions and chillies and saute well.
- Add in all veggies and toss well. Cook till raw smell leaves.
- Add in salt,turmeric and mix well.
- Add in quinoa and mix well.
- Add water and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer and cook covered till quinoa is done.
- Fluff up the quinoa and serve.
1)Heat oil in a pot
2)Add mustard seeds
Check out Quinoa Curd rice too.
4)Add onions and chillies
4)Add in tomatoes
6)Add carrot,peas and beans
7)Toss well and cook till raw smell leaves
8)Now it is almost done
9)Add salt and turmeric powder
10)Add washed quinoa
13)Bring it to a boil.
14)Cook covered till done.
15)Add coriander leaves
16)Fluff up the rice.
DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK QUINOA , CHECK THIS
Leave a Reply