Stuffed Bitter gourd Recipe or Bharwa Karela Recipe with Step by step pictures. This recipe for stuffed bitter gourd taste so delicious and is super simple to make as well.
Stuffed bitter gourd has become my latest favourite recipe. I tried it for the first time few days back and now i am making it more often than you think. It has become my go to recipe whenever i make bitter gourds. I am using baby bitter gourds which are more tastier than normal big ones. But you can definitely make medium size ones too.
This goes well with hot rice and little ghee. You can mix rice with bitter gourd and serve. This goes well with rasam rice or sambar rice as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Stuffed Bitter Gourd Recipe | Bharwa Karela Recipe
- 12 Small Bitter gourd
- 4 tbsp Oil more for panfrying
- 1 large Onion chopped finely
- 5 tbsp Gram Flour
- ¼ cup Roasted Peanuts chopped finely
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Chat Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- Remove seeds from bitter gourd by making slits in them. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and saute for 2 mins or so.
- Add in gram flour and saute them for 2 mins.
- Add in peanuts and mix well.
- Add in spice powders, salt and mix well.
- Fillng done.
- Fill this inside bittergourd and place them in a pan with little oil.
- Cook for few mins.
- Add some water. Cover and cook till bittegourd is done.
- Now flip over and cook.
Bharwa karela recipe step by step pictures
1)Heat oil in a pan
2)Add in onions
3)Saute for a min
4)Add in some besan on one side of the pan
5)Stir fry till it is toasty
6)Add some chopped roasted peanuts
7)Mix them thoroughly
8)Add in chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala powder and cumin powder
9)Add in chat masala powder
10)Add in salt
11)Mix well. Filling done.
12)Take small bitter gourd
13)Slit it open and remove the seeds
15)Take a bittergourd
16)Spoon in filling
17)Place it in a pan.
18)Add little water
19)Cover and cook on low heat
20)Flip over cook.