Tomato Peas Pulao Recipe with step wise pictures.
Quick and easy tomato peas pulao which is so tasty. The rice is perfect to put on kids lunch box. Taste amazing with some cooling raita on the side.
Pulao or biryani comes handy when coming to lunch box recipes. This recipe goes perfect with some raita, i served it with carrot raita. You can enjoy with any raita of choice. You will need a handful of ingredients to make this pulao and it comes together in less than 30 mins.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 stick
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 2
- Cloves / Krambu -2
- Onion - 1 medium size chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Green Chillies - 1
- Tomatoes - 4 chopped finely
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt / Curd - 1/2 cup
- Frozen Peas - 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves - 1/4 cup chopped finely
- Mint Leaves - 1/4 cup chopped finely
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Soak rice for 30 mins. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add in whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions and cook till golden.
- Add in chillies, ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till it gets mushy.
- Add in spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add in curd, coriander and mint leaves and mix well.
- Add in peas and mix well.
- Add in rice and mix well.
- Add in water and bring it to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Fluff up the rice and serve.
1)Soak rice for 30 mins.
2)Heat oil in a pan, add whole spices
3)Add in sliced onions
4)Fry till golden brown.
5)Add in green chillies and ginger garlic paste
6)Saute till raw smell leaves
7)Add in tomatoes
9)Add in salt and spice powders
10)Cook till tomatoes get mushy
11)Add in yogurt
12)Add in peas
13)Add in coriander and mint leaves
14)Add in soaked rice
17)Bring it to a boil.
18)Cover and cook
19)Rice is done.
20)Fluff the rice